Top 4 electric bikes for novices
Jul 19, 2022
As a means of transportation, bicycles have occupied the market for a long time. Still, because their power source mainly depends on the pedaling motion of people, it is time-consuming and laborious, and the driving distance is relatively limited. Therefore, people have invented an uncomplicated and labor-saving tool-electric bicycle. It retains the frame shape of the bicycle and then assembles multiple electronic components such as the battery, motor, and controller. The battery can help the rider's long-distance riding desire. The motor can allow the rider to conquer rough roads and adventure activities. The pedal assist can enable the rider to customize the pedal assist level for different road conditions to overcome obstacles quickly. Compared with those oil-powered vehicles, it mainly relies on electricity and is more environmentally friendly.
Electric bicycles are becoming more and more popular, mainly because of what?
- Today's economic development is improving, and people's awareness of maintaining physical and mental health is increasing. The prevalence of diseases caused by lack of exercise and unhealthy living habits is increasing yearly. Therefore, people hope to increase physical activity and improve sub-health problems by cycling.
- Due to the needs of life, the number of cars continues to increase, and the traffic in some cities is increasingly congested. The flexibility of power bikes can alleviate the problem of urban traffic congestion to a large extent; The primary source is noise pollution. Vehicles powered by electricity will not produce exhaust gas or pollute the environment.
- Some countries and non-governmental organizations actively develop bicycle lanes to advocate for their people to buy power bike
- Recently, camping and fishing cultures have gradually become popular. People hope that through these biological activities, they can temporarily stay away from the hustle and bustle of the city, choose to get close to nature, and invite relatives and friends to explore the outdoors in their free time.
In addition, COVID-19 has affected the commuting habits of many people, and countries are actively encouraging people to use bicycles as an alternative to public transportation because of the concentrated nature of public transportation. The market demand is constantly increasing, and people's need for power bikes will continue to grow in the future.
There are endless power bikes on the market. The design is constantly improving, the technology is becoming more and more mature, and the functions are updated continuously. As a novice, which type of car is more suitable?
First, we need to understand how the laws and regulations of electric bicycles in our state are defined?
The Federal Electric Bicycle Law stipulates that the maximum output probability of the motor is 750W, the upper-speed limit is 32Km/h, and the weight of the bicycle cannot exceed 50kg, making it clear that power bikes are not motor vehicles. E-bikes modified to seek speed can't be driven on bike lanes. You can go on the private territory or off the beaten track. Most states in the United States have no age limit, but under the age of 16, you must wear a helmet when riding, and some states are 18 and 15 years old. It depends on the actual situation.
Second, we have to consider the choice of battery and motor.
Battery: Units are volts and ampere-hours. It determines the distance traveled. For longer rides, we need to see if the parameters of the battery can meet the needs. Electric bicycles have batteries of three power materials: lead batteries, nickel-metal hydride batteries, and lithium-ion batteries. Lead-acid batteries are cheap and have mature technology, but if the battery is charged too low or too high, the lifespan will be shortened, and maintenance will be more troublesome. Nickel-metal hydride batteries are rookie batteries born in the 1990s. They are developing rapidly and are characterized by being renewable, safe, and reliable. It is expensive; lithium-ion is the best material, with the advantages of high specific energy, high specific power, fast discharge, no environmental pollution, etc. Lithium-ion accounts for a significant market share, and many businesses will use lithium-ion batteries.
Motor: Generally, it can be divided into a mid-mounted motor and a rear-mounted hub motor; the mid-mounted motor, as the name suggests: the motor is in the center of the entire vehicle, which can play a role in balancing the front and rear. There are many parts of the mid-mounted motor; daily maintenance and modification are complex. The most significant disadvantage is that it is expensive, and the cost is several times that of the in-wheel motor; low, which is why in-wheel motors are more welcome.
Now that we know the basics of batteries and motors, let's consider which electric bikes are suitable for novices. Today, I mainly introduce four models, covering various riding styles. You can choose the right one according to your life orientation, or you can choose the best one under the advice of the professional team. I believe that no matter which one you prefer, you can enjoy the fun of riding in the future.
It is a fat-tire hardtail e-bike with front suspension and is the brand's entry-level e-bike. Affordable for everyday commuting.
- Color: white, red, yellow, and blue (the color of the rim corresponds to the color of the car, not a single black, no matter where it goes, it will become the focus of everyone.)
- Motor: 750W, the maximum torque reaches 80Nm, and the total output power is 1000W. It can operate at multiple speeds with assist mode, making your ride easy and effortless.
- Battery: Waterproof, removable 48V 16AH/17AH lithium-ion battery. It has a maximum range of 50 miles and a speed limit of 26 miles per hour.
- Front fork suspension: It can be opened for the uneven road surface, absorbing some bumps and forming a boost. It can be turned off on smooth roads with preload adjustment and lock function.
- Brake: Equipped with 180mm mechanical,hydraulic disc brake with motor cut-off function, making riding safer.
Cyrusher XF690 Maxs
This is a folding electric bike. If you use it with less storage space at home or put it directly in the foldable trunk, it's lovely.
- Color: red gray white yellow
- Battery: It comes with a 48V, 15AH waterproof, removable lithium-ion battery that can travel 30-55 miles on a full charge.
- Suspension: Front fork suspension and rear spring suspension are set. When facing challenging terrain, it can better absorb the bumps in the process of riding, leveraging the force to provide the rider with maximum comfort. Its full suspension can meet the daily commute, and mountain biking is ultimately no problem.
- Transmission: Designed Shimano M370 shifting system 9/27 speed. Adjust to a larger gear when going uphill, and switch to a smaller gear when driving on gentle roads. The pedal assist system allows you to customize and choose the right speed for your journey.
It is an all-mountain electric bike. Because of its large model structure, there will be requirements for height. It is suitable for measurements of 5'9"~6'4". If you are looking for more power, this is the perfect fit.
- Color: yellow, blue,and white
- Motor: 750W, the maximum torque is 80Nm, and the totaloutput power is 1200W. The higher the wattage, the faster the speed. It can be customized to select the speed mode.
- Battery: Powered by a 48V, 17AH high-capacity lithium-ion battery that can travel 35-62 miles on a full charge. A larger capacity battery provides the rider with a more extended range. A USB charging port has also been added to the battery for charging GPS or cell phones.
- Suspension: The suspension of the front fork is similar to that of a motorcycle fork, and the frame style is unique. This motorcycle-style fork will make you the center of attention. The fork is 110mm with lockout and adjustm.
- Brakes: It has 180mm full hydraulic disc brakes that can cut off the motor. The hydraulic disc brake has high sensitivity, strong braking ability, better heat dissipation, and higher safety.
This step-through electric bike is perfect for short people and people with limited mobility. Because of its model structure, it can comfortably step on and stand on the frame and get on and off easily.
- Color: orange, white, blue, and gray
- Battery: Powered by a 48V, 14AH lithium-ion battery, it can travel 20-50 miles on a full charge and reach speeds of up to 26 miles per hour.
- Front fork: Spring suspension front fork with 110mm travel and adjustable preload.
- Rear Spring Suspension: A full-suspension setup that effectively absorbs bumps in the ride increases the Kommoda's comfort and versatility.
- Brakes: Utilize 180mm dual hydraulic disc brakes for quick stops, and add a motor cut-off for increased safety.
- Transmission: Shift mode with seven Combined with fivelevels of pedal assist, you can always find a pedaling rhythm that matches your speed.
It is available as a couples model with the XF900.
All four e-bikes use puncture-resistant fat tires for excellent grip and traction on rough terrain; all feature richly colored rims, so you'll always be different wherever you go.
All in all, these four are great for novices. There are different styles, commuter, folding, mountain, and power, depending on your lifestyle or how you want to use it.